Our client, international construction company has an exciting and challenging vacancy of a Design Manager to be based on one of the largest infrastructure project in southern Poland. This is an opportunity to work on a very interesting project in a company that is leading in the infrastructure construction.
Design Manager is responsible for managing all technical and project issues, manages all design-related activities and coordinates design team.
The successful candidate will be supporting the Management Team in providing direction and management of all design aspects related to requirements of this exciting project.
- Responsible for overall management of the infrastructure design services provided by others by managing a group of technical specialists.
- Responsible for managing of the design for the project by verifying consistency in the designs produced by the team with respect to the required standards.
- Keeps Project Management Team informed as to changes made to ensure timely processing of contract change orders.
- Maintains overall knowledge of: drawings, specifications, general contracts and time schedules.
- Manages the responses to design RFIs and review/comment on change orders.
- Ensures all infrastructure design works are comprehensive and discussed with the various engineers for the best implementation and installation of services in coordination with other parties and contractor.
- May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies in public meeting .
- Provides necessary technical support and design review / audit services to project management team ensuring the correctness and quality of implementation of requirements.
- Supports the Project Management Director in performing other tasks as deemed necessary related infrastructure aspects of the project.
- The successful candidate must have minimum of 10 months of working experience in the implementation of 1 or 2 tasks including the development of project documentation consisting at least of a construction project for the construction/ reconstruction of roads/streets with the total length min 6 km.
- Civil or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent technical degree, and at least 5 years of related work experience, including demonstrated experience in a key management role. Experience in infrastructure-related design and/or construction of large infrastructural projects.
- Proven ability to perform in a management role, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are also required. In addition, must be knowledgeable of current technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.
- very good English