For our Client, an international company in construction sector, we currently are looking for Candidates for the position of HSE Engineer / Specialist based in Szczecin (new infrastructure project).
Reports to the project HSE-S Manager and provides direct support and supervision on site relating to HSE for all activities. Working in close collaboration with operational supervisors to plan upcoming activities and to ensure controls are implemented prior and during execution of activities.
- train the organization’s workforce in risk management processes, assist in risk assessments and operational procedures,
- supervise implementation of health, safety and environmental rules and regulations according to company policies and local regulations,
- check that all agreed safety standards and applicable regulations are being observed,
- monitor subcontractors on site,
- assist in plant and equipment inspections to ensure compliance,
- develop, implement and evaluate continuous improvement programs in line with local regulations,
- conduct training to the organization’s workforce and workplace including inductions,
- conduct safety audits and on-site inspections; follow up nonconformities and incidents, including analysis to identify root cause trends and propose action plane to prevent recurrence,
- lead communication campaigns in the workplace and attend toolbox, safety, pre-work and HSE committee meetings,
- ensure proper maintenance, calibration and operation of all safety equipment, including personal protective equipment,
- monitor preparedness of emergency response mechanisms and assist in emergency exercises to ensure plans are adequate and known,
- compile HS report for inspections, observations, daily & weekly activities, incidents, etc.
- higher university degree (including the required occupational health and safety based on Polish law regulation),
- minimum 3 years of experience in the similar role in the construction industry,
- knowledge of software packages such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint,
- strong verbal and written communication skills in Polish and English,
- knowledge of Risk Management and Investigation techniques,
- driving license,
- practical courses in high risk tasks (working at heights, confined space, lifting and rigging, permit to work, etc.).