Gameplay Programmer (Unreal Engine)
Our client is a gaming company that has built a reputation for developing unique games and transforming the world's most famous intellectual property into interactive experiences designed to engage audiences on each platform. We are currently looking for a Gameplay Programmer for their team. At this position, you will actively participate in the development of their production. In this role, you will have to prototype, conceive and implement new game mechanics and contribute to improving existing ones.
- Write a clear, maintainable, and well-documented code.
- Debug and optimize your code at low and high levels to ensure optimal performance and quality.
- Assess and communicate the possible impacts of a change in the code.
- Participate actively in the code reviews.
- Work within a cross-discipline team on the development of various game features – mostly related to the 3C or the usability (general game mechanics).
- Test carefully the newly implemented features and suggest improvements.
- Develop technical solutions that answer to the game’s needs and to our standards in terms of quality and performance.
- Ensure that all the constraints have been taken into account while developing our games.
- Keep updated on the latest technological trends.
- You write a clear and maintainable code for at least 5 years.
- You possess previous experience in gameplay programming with at least one game shipped.
- You are really comfortable with programming – especially in C++ and C#.
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution.
- You are able to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines.
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are thriving on change and can adapt to changing needs and requirements.
- Have previous experience with Unreal Engine 4 or Unity.
- Possess previous experience working on multiplayer games.